October 31, 2012

A Recycled plastic bat!

Original Bat
 


    This is the original Bat my son brought home from school. The first thing I said, “Can I decorate it”.  He said, “sure mom”. “Hehehehe, giggle!  It was really cute! So last night I turned this bat into something that looked more 


 The bat is of a plastic material. The bat was painted black and underneath the chipping  black paint, was pink plastic. Yeah, that’s right, a pink plastic bat!!
                 
     First, I scraped all the chipping paint off and roughed up the surface so the paint would stick and not chip again. I painted body with black acrylic paint. I then painted the mouth and eyes white for a base color. Next, I painted the tongue a light pink color and added some red metallic paint to accent the tongue and teeth with blood. Then I added some Silver Leaf/ Rub-n-Buff to accent the body, wings and head. I then paint the eyes and added some glossy accents. The last step was to cover the bat with Mod Podge.


This is how it turned out!

Finished bat


Bat head











This was a very fun project and my son loved it!!!



Materials used:
 Acrylic paint:
Black
Red metallic
White
Silver leaf, rub-n-buff
Paint brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment form message